Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the Scotland Women’s Open Touch Rugby Squad. Every donation is greatly appreciated and will go towards our 2015 World Cup campaign.
We are fundraising to help us get to the World Cup which is being held in Australia. Each player has to cover training and tournament fees, kit costs, flights, accommodation and more. We estimate that the tour will cost each player around £2, 500. For 16 players this equates to a total cost of £40, 000. Your support would therefore make a real difference to every player.
Our initial fundraising target is £4, 000. This will contribute £250 towards each player’s costs. We would love to raise more than this though, so hopefully we can increase our target as we receive your generous donations!
The Scotland Women’s Open squad is a groundbreaking group containing some of the most talented athletes that have ever been involved in Scottish Touch Rugby. Every player is driven to fulfil their potential and will represent Scotland at the highest level. We believe that the desire, enthusiasm and commitment from all of the girls gives us a great chance to reach our goal of finishing within the top six teams at the World Cup.
The Scotland Women’s Open squad consists of 16 players, 2 coaches and a team manager. It is an exciting and diverse group, with players ranging in age from 17 to 37 and either in full time education or working full time in a range of professions.
Our World Cup squad: Frankie Alcock (captain), Nikki Callan, Rebecca Clingan, Senga Derrick, Judith Elliot, Leia Glading, Alicia Green, Amy Martin, Anna Matthew, Terri McWaters, Laura O‘Reilly, Amy Sutton, Nollaig Quinn, Kirsty Venter, Kate Walker, Catriona Weir.
Team Manager: Cece Cheong
Coaches: Mikey Short, Eddie Sanjuan
For more information on the squad please visit our page on the Scottish Touch Association website
Follow our journey on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Links to our social media pages are at the top of this page.
Touch World Cup 2015
The 2015 Touch World Cup is being held in Coffs Harbour, Australia, from 29 April to 3 May. With over 40 countries competing, it will be the biggest and most competitive tournament to date.
The event will gain mass media coverage in Australia with the likes of Fox Sports providing live television and online coverage of the tournament. You can visit the official World Cup website for updates, fixtures and results before, during and after the tournament: Touchworldcup.com.
What’s on offer
We have combined this fundraising campaign with prize draws so that your donations have the potential to win a range of prizes. You can enter the prize draws by selecting the relevant option in the donations section.
You can also donate without entering any prize draw by selecting the “choose your own payment” option.
Prize Draw A:
- Norton House Hotel Indulgent afternoon tea spa day for two, including 55 minute treatment
- Gusto Restaurants £60 voucher and a bottle of wine
- Garvock House Hotel £40 voucher
- Chardon d’Or 2 course lunch and a bottle of wine
- Signed Edinburgh Rugby top
- Signed Glasgow Warriors top
- Heaven Beauty back/neck massage
- 3 months membership at Westwoods Health Club
- First XV Rugby Stuff £25 voucher
- Run4It £25 voucher
- Touch Superleague top
- Touch Superleague rugby ball
- Signed Celtic football
- Nandos meal platter
- Hat by Big Bobble Hats (5 available)
- Jewellery by Brave Designs
- Annual membership at National Museum Scotland
- Tour of The West Brewery, including beer tasting session (for 2 people)
Prize Draw B:
- One week stay in Azelea Apartment, a 3 bedroom apartment (sleeps 7) with shared pool in Oludeniz, Turkey. Value £300. Available for one week between mid September and end October 2015. Visit Holidaylettings.co.uk for more information.
Prize Draw C:
- One week stay in Villa Anglade, a 4 bedroom farmhouse (sleeps 8) with pool in the Charente, South West France. Value £700. Available week commencing 5th September 2015. Visit and select Villa Anglade for more information.
Prize draw results
The results of the prize draws will be announced via Facebook and Twitter on 12 April 2015. We will also contact the prize draw winners by email so please ensure you include your email address in your contact information.
Additional funding options
We also have a range of additional funding options should you wish to further support the squad.
We can offer various benefits in exchange for different levels of support (e.g. social media promotions/brand exposure). We have a strong and growing social media following and as the World Cup will gain mass media coverage in Australia the potential exposure is huge. Further details on additional funding are set out in the donations section.